Friday, May 12, 2017

A letter to Mom


Mother Dearest, 

I got to spend a good chunk of time with you this week. Monday, we went to the dog park with dad and had fun watching the dogs. Tuesday, Jessica and I got to help you paint your pretty purple wall. And today, Friday, I came up to your house to drop off my suitcase and ended up hanging out with you for a few hours. I love spending time with you, Mom. And I know everyone will claim their mom is the best there is, but let me tell you, everyone is wrong (except for Adam, Kristen, Larissa, and Jessica of course). Mom, you are the best there is! You raised me to be the woman I am and I don't know if I can ever fully thank you. You taught me to be independent, adventurous, crafty, kind, fun-loving, and so much more! It is so easy to laugh with you and laughing with you is one of my favorite things to do. 

Mom and I cracking up while she was trying to put my garter on

Everything I remember about my childhood is fun. You and Dad were amazing at making everything we did fun. I can distinctly go through my memories and hear you laughing through a lot of them because we were having fun. I remember laying on the floor in the t.v. room just giggling with you. You are just so much fun!

I remember one night when I was in high school, I was having a difficult time with the drama that a specific friend was causing. I was laying in bed crying and you came into my room and just hugged me. You didn't say anything else, you just knew that a hug was what I needed and it was the perfect fix. It felt like I was a little girl again and you had just kissed a boo-boo better. 

I'm sorry that I haven't always been as open with you as we would both have liked. I wish I had told you about my first kiss and been able to tell you details and giggle about it with you. I should have known that you would have been excited for me and not disappointed. 


I'm glad that I wasn't raised to hate getting dirty. You taught me that it's ok to play in the dirt sometimes. Especially on our camping and backpacking trips. I'm so grateful that I had someone to teach me the right way to squat to pee! When we hiked Pico Blanco and I slipped off a rock into the water, it was nice to be able to look at you and to see that it wasn't as horrible as I thought, I was just a little wet. I remember playing in the garden dirt and catching worms, it was so much fun! And then there are all the stories about your childhood; you are one tough cookie, and I am so happy that you helped me to be like you!

People that know you often tell me that I look like you. Don't worry, I'm not offended or upset at all! I am quite the opposite. You are beautiful and I hope I continue looking like you! Something I have often noticed and admired is a cute twinkle in your eyes. (I know that might sound corny, but I love it!) When you are happy, teasing, or mischievous that twinkle shows up and makes it obvious that you are having a good time! 

I know this letter is kind of all over the place, but I really just want to let you know that you were, and are, an amazing mom! You make life fun and I am so glad we live close to each other so we can see each other all the time! 

I love you Mom <3


No comments:

Post a Comment