Monday, June 19, 2017

I'm back!

It has been three weeks since I last wrote, but nothing extremely exciting to tell. 

I was able to hold my first Pack meeting for Cub Scouts since becoming involved. The meeting was the day after I got back to Utah and so it had to be thrown together. Don't get me wrong, I had done some preparation, but there is only so much you can do while you're out of town. So I threw it together. Once I had the food prepared I arrived on time, but I had really needed to be early. Unfortunately, I didn't get everything set up until ten minutes after the start time. I felt flustered, unprepared, and totally inadequate. Once the meeting actually started it went well, although the small presentation I had prepared only lasted three minutes, awards lasted five minutes, and flag and skit lasted another five or so. In all we were only sitting and discussing for about fifteen minutes which felt way too short. The food took up the remaining forty-five minutes. So, while it went decently, it definitely could have been better. We'll see how this next one goes.

I found a beautiful hike nearby. Its up Hobble Creek Canyon and the tail is called Wardsworth. Most of the hikes that I have done here in Utah have been through a fairly deserty environment, and so that is what I was expecting.  However, it was completely different than I expected. The trail is right next to a creek and has a few different places where you have to cross the creek. It is so green and beautiful. Also, the trail is mostly flat and so is not a difficult hike. It was just so beautiful and pleasant wandering through the trees and greenery, listening to the birds and the creek going by. I'll be returning often. 

I started Crossfit again after a three weeks of being out of town. That first day killed me! Later that week I couldn't bend my arms because they were so sore! And I promise you I am not exaggerating. McKay had to help me get dressed and do my hair. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband that takes care of me! Since then I have had a slightly easier time, but am definitely still trying to get back into the swing of things. 

Since the beginning of May McKay has had to work fifty hour weeks. Its been doable, but he sure has been getting tired of it. McKay usually enjoys programming and will often work on his own projects on Saturday morning. That has not been happening while he's been working fifty hours. He was getting up at 5:30 AM, only using up half of his allotted time for lunch, and staying late as well. Thankfully, they have told him that he can go back to 45 hours for now, and hopefully back down to 40 in a few weeks. He's much happier working a few less hours. 

Not much more has happened, but I am back to my blog. I'm trying to get back to writing every week. Anywho, love you all! Until next week :)

1 comment:

  1. Hobble Creek Canyon sounds like an awesome hike! I was so happy to see another blog post!

    ReplyDelete