Saturday, February 18, 2017

House-watching and dog-sitting

We were living in my parents' house this week. My twin, Larissa, has a baby due any day now and Mom flew out to Texas to be with her. Dad works out of town during the week and so their two dogs are at home alone. So we spent the week at their house and claimed four dogs as ours temporarily. They are big dogs. Growing up with them I never really realized just how big they are. Now, after having a mini schnauzer and a 20 lb puppy, a 75 lb and a 90 lb weimaraner seem huge! It has gone really well; my parents' dogs are such well behaved dogs and they got along with Scout and Swede. I'll just leave off with this: as much as I love dogs, we will not have more than our two small dogs anytime soon. 

FHE on Monday was so fun! Shae brought a breakfast sandwich maker to the house, we gathered ingredients, made sandwiches, and watched an episode of Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. Breakfast sandwiches are some of my favorite things! Really any combination of eggs, ham/sausage/bacon, and cheese are just my cup o' tea. And with the sandwich maker it was so easy! The Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell episode was fun. I went into it not knowing at all what it was about. Apparently it's based off of a book (maybe books?) about 19th century England and magicians. That's what I got from the episode we watched at least. Pretty entertaining. 

Valentine's Day was kinda funny. McKay had a half day at work so he got to come home for lunch. He brought me a beautiful bouquet of white, yellow, and purple daisies (I LOVE daisies!). He also told me that he got us a couple massage...but it wasn't scheduled yet. Apparently when he called to schedule the massage the man that answered the phone was very short with McKay and quickly told him that they were booked through the week and could not schedule us yet. So, anywho...we'll call again on Monday and get on their schedule. It will be lovely. The rest of our day was spent relaxing, going to the park to play frisbee (yes, in Utah during Februrary. It was actually warm enough!), exploring near Utah Lake, eating at Moochie's, and eating pie with Jessica and Cody. It was a fantastic Valentine's day. 


We've been playing "what-if?" recently. People will think we're a little loco when they hear what idea we've been playing with so let me preface it with this: it probably won't happen, it would be a huge adjustment, I think we could do it and love it. What is the idea? Tiny houses. We're talking the houses that are built on utility trailers that are usually less than 400 sq. ft. Pretty crazy! When people hear about tiny homes they often think about hippies and extreme minimalists. We are neither. Our purpose would be to focus more on what we need, getting us out of the house more, and just loving being close and creative with each other. Anyway, like I said, we're just playing around with the idea. It's been fun. McKay and I love thinking about where our future will take us, what our family will be like (when kids come), where we will live, etc. 
And tiny homes has been a fun idea to play with.

This week I've been digging through Mom's closets and finding old pictures. It has been a blast! If I can find a way to get the pictures on my computer I'll try to get some on here. McKay was so nice to look through soooo many pictures with me and listen to me talk about that trip, that person, that place, etc. I had so much fun! 

Things I've  enjoyed this week:
Nutella on buttered toast
This is Us
Lots of windows
Driving a Prius
Snuggling with Swede
Getting a surprise book in the mail from Shae
Old pictures
Daisies
Buying gifts for McKay's birthday
Reading in Ether
Getting a call from Vicky

Love you all!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love tiny homes! I've researched them a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched a Netflix documentary on tiny homes, so I'm an expert on them. They look awesome, and I could totally live alone in one. But I don't know if I could live with another person in one.

    ReplyDelete