Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lehi church, hysterosalpingogram, and McKay's birthday

This week began with trying to find a ward to attend in Lehi. We were still at my parents' house on Sunday morning and did not want to drive 30 minutes to try to make it to our own ward at 9 in the morning. So we decided we'd find a ward in Lehi that was meeting at 11. We drove to the nearest chapel and the parking lot was completely full! We walked in and there was a meeting already started. We thought maybe it was stake conference. So we went to the next closest building (literally kitty-corner from the first building, this is Utah after all). Because it was so close to the first building we were pretty sure they were part of the same stake and would be having stake conference as well. We were right. We had to drive fairly far to find a building that was not in the same stake! But it was worth it. I love attending sacrament meeting and feeling the spirit there. It is so wonderful that within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints the gospel is the same wherever you attend church. It is such a blessing!

Just a side note: we got to come back to our own apartment on Sunday night. Before we had gone to stay in Lehi I had made sure to clean our apartment and leave it looking nice. It was a relief to come back to a clean home. Growing up, I never quite understood why my mom refused to go on a vacation without cleaning our house very well. It always stressed me out when I had to clean and pack for the trip. Now that I am the homemaker I completely get it! Thanks Mom.

Sometimes it is easy to almost forget about our struggle with infertility. As we live day to day there are so many good, happy, wonderful things that help us to keep our heads up. This week we were very aware of our desire to have children. We are trying to be more assertive in discovering why we aren't able to have children just yet. This week we had scheduled a hysterosalpingogram. Basically it is a procedure to see if my uterus and fallopian tubes are normal. I could tell you the full experience, but I think its enough to say that it was not a fun procedure. It was physically uncomfortable and the doctor was not very sensitive or gentle. I would tell you his name to make sure you don't go to see him, but he didn't even introduce himself to me before...I just felt like I should know his name before he got so friendly. The results of the procedure were good: everything normal. 

I often feel extremely conflicted when I go in for various tests like this. Part of me wishes we could find something wrong with us so that we can fix it or at least just have a reason for not having children. It would be almost comforting to just know what was wrong. Another part of me wants to keep hearing that everything is normal and we are healthy. Normal results mean that we just need to keep trusting in the Lord's timing and that is something that I can do. Is it difficult? Of course, but I know that Heavenly Father loves us and his timing is truly best. So, whether we find something wrong or everything continues showing up normally we will trust that the Lord has a plan for us. 
We are determined to have children one way or another.

Friday was my hunky husband's birthday. I feel like celebrations always revolve around good food. We started the day with homemade cream cheese danishes. Yum! McKay went to work, but got off an hour early. We went to a delicious Indian restaurant for dinner and stuffed our faces. We were so full that we only shared a small sliver of homemade chocolate cake before going to bed that night. McKay says that it was a really good day. One of the gifts I got for him was an illustrated version of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. It is pretty neat. McKay likes that the illustrations are quality and detailed like old school books. We'll probably try to get all of the illustrated versions of the Harry Potter series eventually. Hopefully our future kids will be fans. 

I got a new church calling today that is pretty exciting. It is different from all the other callings I've had in the past. *Drumroll*......I was called to be Cub Scout Master! Since I'm a girl, I really have no idea how scouts work. This coming week I will be spending a lot of time on the Scouting website learning. I have a pinewood derby coming up in the middle of March. It should be fun and exciting to learn new things and have fun with the scouts. 

Have a good week! March begins and daylight savings is coming! (I'm really excited for that!) Love you all!


1 comment:

  1. Your ma-in-law was the EXACT SAME about cleaning the house before trips when we were growing up. We had to absolutely spic and span the place before we could leave.

    ReplyDelete