Sunday, April 16, 2017

Daddy Rosa

Wow! After last week's post we received so many loving, supportive comments. Thank you all so much! The Lord has truly blessed us with angels for friends and family. 

This week I was able to drive my parents to the airport before McKay and I started our week of house sitting and dog sitting. My mom left in the morning and my dad's plane flew out in the evening. Since Dad and I were already in Salt Lake we decided we'd make a day out of it. We dropped Mom off and then headed to a disc golf course. Dad has gotten into the game in the past year or so and I've only played once. So Dad showed me the ropes and we had a blast. Whenever I pick up a frisbee it takes me a few throws to really get in the groove of throwing it correctly and well. So I didn't do great for the first few baskets. The course went all over a large field and it was challenging to find the next tee-off for each basket. There were a few holes that were right along the banks of a river. It was nerve-racking throwing those because my discs always end up  curving to the left at the end of the throw, straight towards the river. I was really careful and we didn't lose our discs. We had so much fun playing and it was beautiful day to be outside. Afterwards we dropped by Kristen's house and she and her boys joined us on our adventure to the Great Salt Lake. None of us had ever been out to the lake. We drove just far enough to find a beach that we could let the boys play on. Unfortunately none of us had brought our swimsuit, so I can't tell you if you float really well. Plus the water was pretty cold, so I'm not sure if we would have gotten in even if we had our swimsuits. But it was beautiful. Dad and I ended our day with a stop at a barbecue restaurant which was so tasty! After that, I drove Dad to the airport and then headed home. 





I love spending time with Dad. He has always made spending time together feel special. The summer after I graduated high school Dad and I planned the first of three annual backpacking trips together. All of my friends had already headed off to college and Mom and Jessica went to girls camp, leaving Dad and I at home together. So we planned a trip for somewhere we'd never hiked before. It was definitely an adventure and a learning experience. I'll just say that we were sure glad we were using walking sticks, and we planned on bringing snake bite kits on trips after that. We got to go on two more backpacking trips together in the following years and always had so much fun together. I felt special that Dad took just me on a trip. Dad and I had three or four days to spend hiking/camping, chatting, and enjoying nature together. We had some really good conversations and some really good runs in the middle of the night, chasing after raccoons that stole our bags.

I was really blessed with such a wonderful dad that made time to spend with his family. He made all of us kids feel special and feel as if our opinion mattered. Dad is a worthy priesthood holder and always offered Father's blessings every year before school began. He was always prepared to give counsel and advice when we needed it, and still does when we ask for it. He sure is a wonderful man!

Other things I did this week:
Hiked with Kristen
Hiked the Y
Went to an indoor football game with Jessica and Cody
Helped people in the ward move
Ate at a yummy hotpot in Provo
Finished week three of crossfit
Skyped with Sonnie and Alex

5 comments:

  1. Silly raccoons! Those hiking trips sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frisbee golf... my greatest weaknesses in all of life (minus bowling)! Your hiking trips sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that frisbee golf course, did assume bird watching there. Your dad sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. did *some bird watching there. I never assume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sound very alike in our frisbee golf skills Britts 😄. Your day without daddy Rosa sounded amazing! Love you 💜

    ReplyDelete