Monday, April 3, 2017

Days with McKay


Well, last week was the first official week of my crossfit bootcamp. I feel like it has already started to give me more energy and I feel encouraged to get out and hike, walk, and just be more active. I feel good, even though the workouts are sometimes exhausting. 

On Thursday McKay only had to work for four hours. So we had a nice morning together with a yummy breakfast. I love having slow mornings with the love of my life. It starts my day off wonderfully. I dropped him off at work about eleven o'clock and then decided to find a place to walk or hike instead of going home right away. I had the dogs with me and they needed to get some energy out. I found a walk/hike along a canal and it was better than I expected it to be. The canal was empty and the path was just gravel with some slightly rocky areas. The day was overcast and rain was predicted, but it wasn't really too chilly. It was a really enjoyable walk. The dogs ran all over the place. Since I didn't have a ball to throw for them I tried to see if they would chase a rock I threw. They did! I threw rock after rock down into the empty canal and the dogs (usually just Scout) would run down into the canal and find the rock I threw, sniff at it for a minute, and then come back up the bank. I was surprised they actually chased the rocks. It was so fun watching them. The path went up into the foothills and it started raining, but not enough to make us turn around. We were enjoying it too much. Eventually the rain did get too heavy and we were close to how far we wanted to go anyway. So back to the car we went. 

McKay also had Friday off from work. We decided to explore the Museum of Art on BYU campus. We'd explored part of it before, but we wanted to finish. Its bigger than I thought it was going to be. When we pulled into the parking lot we were surprised by how busy the place was. We drove around for ten minutes and couldn't find a parking spot. We finally decided to stalk a family as they came out of the museum and walked to their van. We stopped and turned on our indicator. They slowly pulled out, backing towards us, and drove off down the aisle. When they had backed out towards us another car had pulled up expecting to take the spot, the driver hadn't seen us. They took our spot and we were done trying to find a parking spot. So we had a change of plans. We headed to the puppy barn to cheer us up. And cheer us up it did. Lots of cute cuddly puppies licking our cheeks. Its one of my favorite places! We went back to the museum afterwards and found a parking spot. My favorite thing there is this rainbow made of thread. It comes down from a skylight and is so pretty! I wouldn't mind it in my future house, maybe on a smaller scale.

The day was a good one. I love being able to spend full days with McKay. We have so much fun together. It reminds me of adventures we took together when we first started dating. Every so often we decided we'd rather spend a full day together than go to our classes. I know, not very responsible of us, but worth it! One specific time, we ditched classes and drove up towards Island Park. We visited Big Spring and got eaten alive by mosquitoes. There's a bridge that goes over the spring and there are some huge fish that hang out under it. A lot of people throw bread into the water and lure the fish out. As we were standing on the bridge we saw a big moose just down stream from us. We were far enough away that we didn't have to be scared of it charging. It was a cool sight. We drove up Sawtelle Peak, drove to West Yellowstone, and just had a blast being together.

 I love remembering the beginning of our relationship because it was new and exciting. Everything I learned about McKay was a new insight into who he was. It's fun thinking about how it was then, and comparing it to now. I'm still learning about McKay. I love spending time with him. We are so comfortable around each other and he makes me feel safe. He is still my escape and my secret keeper. He knows everything about me and has seen me at my worst, but still tells me I'm beautiful. He is the kindest man I know. He always wakes up happy and treats everyone well. McKay is my best friend. I am so glad I chose him to spend the rest of eternity with. Its going to be a fun eternity.





4 comments:

  1. Oh Brittany, I love reading your posts!! I need to be better at keeping my blog up to date! Your dogs are so cute!!! GAH!!! Makes me want a puppy so bad!! Can't wait to see you next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKay is a gem. I love that you appreciate so much about him. He is equally as lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's this McKay guy? He sounds like a dream!

    I always love seeing the puppies and hearing what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete